Posted on behalf of Kan Kin:
Dear SLA colleagues,
The SLA Second Life Workgroup invites you to attend a virtual meeting in Second Life.
Topic: Economic Education and Virtual Worlds: A panel to discuss economic education, one of many important missions of the Federal Reserve, and virtual worlds.
1. Education and Outreach
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is implementing
an economics-education lab in Second Life.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and Federal Reserve Bank of Boston are developing multimedia exhibits with Fed information in Second Life.
2. Economic Research
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is sponsoring the development of an on-line multi-player game (Greenland) in which to conduct economic experiments.
- Ms. Melita Podesta (SL: Oothoon Ogg),
Project Coordinator/New England Economic Adventure, Federal Reserve Bank
Ms. Podesta is responsible for expanding the Economic Adventure's reach into the virtual world of Second Life.
- Dr. David Altig (SL: Beena Albatros),
Senior Vice President and Director of Research, Federal Reserve Bank of
Though Dr. Altig's research is primarily focused on monetary and fiscal policy issues, he's also exploring virtual worlds technology and how technology applies to economic education.
Time/Date: 8am (SLT), December 3, 2008, Wednesday
Location: Meeting Hall, SLA space
Additional thanks to Sofie Sass, Marimar Berchot's support to the program, and Chantal Harvey's sponsorship to film the session.
Please feel free to forward the announcement to other members who are also interested in the topic. Thank you.
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
101 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Direct; (415) 974-2278
Library: (415) 974-3216