Submissions are now being accepted for the Jo Ann Clifton Student Award 2012 from the IT Division of SLA. This award is intended to promote participation in the SLA Annual Conference by an exceptional library science student. The recipient of this award will receive:
- Student membership in SLA for one (1) year.
- Reimbursement for expenses to attend the SLA Annual Conference not to exceed $1,500 and limited to the following:
- Economy class round-trip airfare to the Annual Conference (July 15-18, Chicago, IL)
- Student registration for the Annual Conference (including the IT Business Meeting).
- Lodging during the conference.
- Transportation during the conference.
- Meals during the conference.
Recognition and presentation of the winning paper at the Annual Business Meeting of the IT Division. The winner must be present to accept the award at the IT Business Meeting. The winning paper will be published in b/ITe, the official Division newsletter.
- The topic of the paper should pertain to the use of information technology. A paper which addresses a topic in a practical rather than a theoretical manner is preferred.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited MLS or MIS program at the time of the award competition. Previous winners are not eligible for the award.
- Entries may be a paper which the applicant has written or is preparing for a class but has not been published. Only one paper per applicant will be accepted.
- IT reserves the right not to award the prize if it is the opinion of the judges that no submission is worthy of the award.
- IT will retain first publication rights of the winning paper.
The deadline for submission is March 30, 2012 (Friday). E-mail your paper to Beth Kraemer, IT Membership and Awards Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "SLA IT Student Award 2012" in the subject line.
Please feel free to forward this information to those who are interested in the award application. Thank you!
2-1 William T. Young Library
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0456