Eric Schwarz, NJSLA President
SLA Diversity Leadership Development Program Award
Application deadline: February 15, 2010
Applications and requirements are available at:
The SLA Diversity Leadership Development Program (DLDP) Award aims to accelerate the advancement and visibility of members who represent a diverse population of the Association by mentoring them for more leadership opportunities within the Special Libraries Association, to ensure that the Association remains vital, relevant, and representative of its diverse membership.
For full information about the Award and previous Award recipients, please see: https://www.sla.org/content/SLA/awardsrecognition/diversityaward/index.cfm.
Eligibility requirements for the Diversity Leadership Development Program award:
* Applicant must have been a member of SLA for at least 1 year.
* Applicants are eligible based on SLA's definition of diversity, which includes but not exclusive to, race, ethnicity, physical abilities, religious beliefs and/or sexual orientation.
* Applicant must have between 3-10 years of professional library information experience.
* Applicant cannot be a current SLA Diversity Leadership Development Committee member. Only applicants who meet all the eligibility requirements [at the time of application] are submitted to the DLDP Committee for award consideration.
A recipient receives:
* An award of $1000. The awarded money should assist with airfare and/or accommodations and may cover at least one SLA CE course. The awardee must attend the conference to receive the funds.
* Complimentary registration, provided by SLA, to attend the annual conference and specific ticketed events as appropriate.
* An assigned mentor to assist candidate in understanding the mechanics of how the Association works and the roles of the Association leaders.