Mid to Senior Level, Full Time, Sales, Publishing, Business Development
Springer Science+Business Media LLC., NEW YORK, New York
Springer Science+Business Media is one of the most prestigious international scientific publishers of books, journals, and electronic media today, with subsidiaries and representatives all over the world. Our publications range from medicine to all fields of life sciences, and from mathematics to engineering. Wherever scientific research is carried out, highly qualified experts count themselves among Springer's authors, including a large number of Nobel prize winners. Around 5,500 people are employed by the Springer Group worldwide.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
The Corporate Licensing Associate works closely with the Director and all members of the corporate sales team in the Americas territory to sell Springer's e-content on multiple platforms to corporate libraries and R&D organizations. The position includes inside sales and pre-sales support responsibilities in the defined corporate vertical markets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Generate qualified leads for Corporate Licensing Managers to sell Springer’s portfolio of electronic publications and databases
- Demonstrate competence and in-depth knowledge of Springer products and platforms and maintain awareness of current global technology and information industry trends as well as competitive and market intelligence
- Maintain high level sophisticated customer contact through phone, web-conferencing, and by email
- Develop strategic relationships with internal departments across Springer's global organization including Marketing, Product Management, Product Innovation and Platform Development, Sales Support, Sales Operations, and Editorial
- Identify new prospecting sources and strategies to develop sales opportunities in the corporate vertical markets
- Provide support to existing campaigns managed by sales and marketing colleagues
- Ability to forecast with a high degree of accuracy in the short term and long term
- Prepare effective proposals and draft contracts
- Lead sales webinars and participate in sales meetings
- Conduct detailed usage analyses both re-actively and pro-actively to customers
- Track sales opportunities, pipeline, and call reports in our CRM system, Salesforce
- Other related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years prior work experience preferably with corporate clients
- Previous experience in the Scientific, Technical, and Medical (STM) publishing market and knowledge of eJournal, eBook, and other electronic information product licensing preferred
- Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel and Power Point a must
- Must be well organized, highly motivated, flexible and able to work independently
Please apply using our online application system.
Visit our web site at www.springer.com.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Springer Science+Business Media, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.