Institution: The Institute of Culinary Education
Location: New York, NY
Category: Admin - Libraries
Application Due: Open Until Filled
The Librarian & Editorial Assistant will provide assistance to ICE students in the utilization of the Institute of Culinary Education's library.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist ICE students in using the library including catalog and database searches.
* Reshelf and maintain books and periodicals.
* Catalog new acquisitions according to the Library of Congress system.
* Evaluate and administer electronic databases for each of the Programs: Culinary, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality.
* Ensure all printers and copies are in working condition; notify IT when technical issues arise.
* Monitor theft deterrent system; notify the proper authorities when issues arise.
* Provide content for ICE blog and social media venues when asked.
* Assist in the conversion of Word
documents to searchable PDFs for digital use. * Source recipes for new classes.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in Library Science or related field; advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of Library or related field experience required.
* Working knowledge of the Library of Congress classification system.
* Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel; experience with CampusVue software a plus.
* Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
* Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
* A strong interest in food and cooking preferred.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America's leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation's largest recreational cooking, baking and wine program, offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our 45,000-square-foot facility is located at 50. West 23rd Street and is open 355 days and nights a year.