Prudential's Law, Compliance and Business Ethics Department (LCBE) seeks a skilled and highly motivated individual for the role of Records Management Administrator to support LCBE's Records Executive. The Records Management Administrator is responsible for the management of LCBE's Records Management Program. This corporate program was developed to provide an efficient, standardized approach to the management of all records regardless of media format. Responsibilities will include:
· Assist in the development and maintenance of Departmental Records Retention Schedules and ensures that retention schedules cover all media types
· Assist in facilitating adherence to retention schedules.
· Work with users to ensure electronically stored information is managed according to the appropriate retention schedules.
· Conduct an annual review of the Departmental Records Retention Schedules to ensure that they reflect current laws, regulations and operations, then forward proposed schedule revisions to the Records Executive, as necessary, to ensure continued conformance with the Master Records Retention Schedule.
Offsite/Onsite Storage Monitoring:
· Oversee the processes involving inactive records storage, including transfers to and from records storage facilities and records disposal activities. This includes ensuring that the appropriate reviews are done prior to destruction.
· Work with users on special research and retrieval projects to ensure that all information needs are met.
· Work with LCBE's Records Executive to develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting of the overall Records Program.
· Work with vendors to ensure records are managed according to Prudential Standards and Requirements.
· Review quarterly inventory, eligible destruction and security reports provided by their Record Executive or run directly from the vendor's on-line tools and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
Training and Awareness
· Provide training to the Records Coordinators to ensure compliance with retention policies, active and inactive recordkeeping procedures, etc.
· Provide advice to user departments on methods to ensure complete, effective, efficient and useful records management.
· Coordinate with Records Coordinators and Executives to determine appropriate distribution of Records Hold Orders.
· Provide an annual attestation or similar report to their Records Executive identifying the status of the program.
· Work with area management to ensure compliance to Records program within area.
· Conduct periodic records program reviews, under the direction of the Records Executive.
Projects and Initiatives
· Assist in the development of action plans to accomplish Corporate Records Management objectives and directives.
· Assist LCBE's Records Executive with LCBE's implementation of the Corporate ECM Tool.
•Bachelor's degree preferred
•Minimum of 3 or more years records management experience
•Minimum of 3 or more years of solid project management experience
•Solid project planning and prioritization skills to coordinate resources and initiatives
•Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines
•Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills
•IT background and knowledge preferred
•Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
•A true self starter
•Strong relationship building skills and the ability to influence decision making.
•Up to 20% business travel may be required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Project Management
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Newark
Travel Yes, 10% of the time