Rutgers Law School – Camden Law Library seeks applications for a Reference Librarian. The position is a full-time, twelve month contract, tenure track library faculty position. The Reference Librarian works as part of a reference, instruction, and research support team that interacts with the law school and university communities as well as serves legal and general public users. The Reference Librarian should be proficient in both legal and general research strategies and resources. Applicant should be familiar with new and emerging information technologies as they apply to legal research. The applicant should have an awareness of developments in law librarianship. The Reference Librarian teaches legal research as required. The Reference librarian is a member of the faculty and will report to the Head of Public Services for the Law Library.
Duties and Responsibilities: • Provides reference and research services as part of a team, including some evenings • Participates in collection development and selection • Assists the faculty, as needed, in legal research • Develops Law Library brochures and bibliographies for print and online distribution • Assists as needed in teaching research in first year writing program and upper level courses
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Fringe Benefits include retirement, a variety of medical plans, 22 vacation days, and life insurance.
• possess a Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited school
• possess a Master in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited school
• be service oriented, innovative and flexible
• be able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with multiple projects and diverse users
• possess excellent organizational skills
• exhibit strong oral and written communication skills
• have the ability and willingness to work independently and as a member of a team
• have the ability to meet university requirements for promotion and retention as a member of the law school’s tenured library faculty
To apply, send a letter of application, a resume, and the name, address, telephone number and e-mail of three references to:
Anne Dalesandro, Library Director Rutgers University School of Law Library 217 North Fifth Street Camden, New Jersey 08102