Business Information Services Research Manager is a member of the
on-site Williams Lea team delivering exceptional customer service at our
client location - a global Investment Bank. This Manager will oversee a
team of senior researchers supporting all divisions, with an emphasis
on investment banking.
Job Responsibilities :
- Manage the operations of a client site location providing research services including responsibility for the full spectrum of employee management, development and training.
- Ensure team completes complex and highly varied research including both quantitative and qualitative requests.
- Manages a consistently high volume of research requests by rapidly determining the complexity level of each project and delegating to team members as appropriate, coordinating and managing workflow.
- Build strong client relationships across various levels of the client organization.
- Act as a subject matter expert an all matters pertaining to the research department.
- Provide leadership in a customer service intensive environment.
- Manage team compensation, promotional increases and merit increases strategically, balancing employee rewards and department profitability.
- Understand team financial targets, analyzing financial trends, identifying shortfalls, and create action plans to recover revenue or cut expenses as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of necessary administrative duties such as payroll procedures, invoicing and accounting procedures and all client and Williams Lea required monthly management reports.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelors degree required, Masters in Library and Information Science or Business / Finance / MBA desirable.
- Seven+ years experience managing a team of researchers in an investment banking setting. Broad knowledge of standard secondary research sources, financial data services and corporate documents.
- Experience in managing employees, workforce planning, conducting performance reviews, and conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to manage a budget.
- Understanding of global investment banking and capital markets. Familiarity with broader financial institutions and practices.
- Ability to apply source knowledge to research projects across the full spectrum of company/industry/market/macro research that produces complete, cost effective results.
- Communication skills required to confidently deliver and explain research findings to clients -- both verbally and through written summaries and analyses.
- Judgment required to resolve service problems using broad professional knowledge.
- Real-time organizational skills required.
- Ability to manage client expectations via email and verbal communication.
- Judgment required to resolve service problems; alerts management to service problems or opportunities.
- Financial Database skills: advanced to expert in using general information sources such as Thomson SDC, Dealogic, Bloomberg, Capital IQ (including Excel add-in), Factset (including Excel add-in), OneSource, Alacra, Factiva, Lexis-Nexis, ThomsonOne.com, ThomsonReuters LPC, Dun & Bradstreet, Autex, Global Insight, Business Monitor, S&P, Moodys, Fitch, VentureSource, etc., as well as many other industry-specific sources including IDC, Gartner, Forrester, eMarketer, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor, IRI, SNL, EvaluatePharma, IMS, Real Capital Analytics, Green Street Advisors, Wood Mackenzie, among many others.