SLA-MN invites all to attend:
LinkedIn and Social Media for Competitive and Market Intelligence
A Manager’s Appreciation Event!
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Monday, June 11, 2012
$15 for Students & Unemployed
$20 for SLA members (members bring your boss for FREE!)
$30 for Guests
Join us for a learning lunch featuring Cynthia Barber, senior competitive intelligence specialist at Medtronic. SLA members are invited to bring their boss or supervisor at no extra charge!
Barber will show how LinkedIn is a tremendous resource that can help businesses learn more about their customers, the marketplace and the competition.
As an attendee, you will:
- Participate in an interactive session on using LinkedIn and other social media resources to better help customers as well as identify competing company organization structures, initiatives, marketing efforts, connections and developments.
- Learn expert tips and tricks to expand your resources and insights on virtually every industry around the globe.
- Identify counterintelligence opportunities to protect your company and clients from exposure.
Barber works with medical technology firm Medtronic. As a principal competitive intelligence manager she works to provide strategic information to support Medtronic’s effort to alleviate pain, restore health and extend lives. Social media plays an integral part in communicating and transforming the face of chronic disease. Using a resource like LinkedIn can be a great way for companies to better understand competitors’ plans and competition, better understand customers, explore partner opportunities and new markets, look at supplier backgrounds and recruit new talent. With over 20 years of experience in research, Barber provides a unique view into using social media as a powerful resource, ally and enemy.
Registration is a two-part process. Please register and send payment on or by Friday, June 1 (register early as space is limited).
Email the following to [email protected]:
- Member of which library association, if any
- Phone number
- Is this your first SLA event?
- Are you a student?
- Are you a past president?
- Boss’ name if they are attending with you?
Make payment through PayPal
Send a check payable to SLA Minnesota Chapter to:
59 Langer Circle
West St. Paul, MN 55118
(Please include a copy of your registration email)
If you register, we expect you to pay – even if you are unable to attend.
CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS
- Dru Frykberg – [email protected] – 651-259-7177
- Karen Mackey – [email protected] – 952-887-3018
- Renee Weddle – [email protected] – 952-742-0195
Thanks and appreciation to Donna Koenig, our host and a former chapter president.